The Absent Landlord legal indemnity insurance policy provides cover when the landlord of a single private dwelling based within England and Wales is missing, unresponsive or insolvent and you are unable to obtain clear ground rent receipts at the date of purchase. The landlord or its successor may subsequently re-appear and make a claim against the property owner.
Click here to download our Demands & Needs statement
Full Key Facts can be viewed by clicking here.
Note: If the property is residential and an Absent Landlord policy is also being issued for the same property, the Good Leasehold policy may be issued at 50% of the under-noted premiums provided the residential Absent Landlord policy number is clearly written on the copy Good Leasehold policy sent to us. When using GCS Online, the discount will automatically be deducted for you.
Key Features and Benefits
If the landlord claims for
- rent arrears at the date cover commenced, if the landlord’s identity and/or whereabouts are unknown and cannot reasonably be ascertained
- unknown breaches of leasehold covenants
- and/or exercises a consequent right of re-entry into the property
as a direct result of
- the seller failing to produce clear ground rent receipts
- the breach of any terms of the lease which are preconditions to the assignment of the lease
the policy provides cover, up to your selected limit of indemnity *:
The policy automatically covers subsequent owners of the property and mortgage lenders, and remains in force from the day you issue it without any time limit.