The Building Regulations legal indemnity insurance policy provides cover when there is a lack of evidence that building regulation consent has been obtained for the following types of work carried out to a single residential and/or commercial property based within England and Wales:
- alterations, additions, extensions and conversions if completed at least 12 months prior to the commencement of cover.
- construction of the property, if completed at least 4 years prior to the commencement of cover
Click here to download our Demands & Needs statement
Full Key Facts can be viewed by clicking here.
Note: Where a Planning Permision policy is also being issued for the same property, the Building Regulations policy may be issued at nil premium provided the Planning Permission policy number is clearly written on the copy Building Regulations policy that you send to us. When using GCS Online, the discount will automatically be deducted for you.”
Key Features and Benefits
If the local authority serves a building regulation enforcement notice (i.e. a section 36 notice) or obtains an injunction under the building regulations in respect of the works described above, this policy provides cover for the following up to your selected limit of indemnity *:
- the cost of altering, demolishing or reinstating the property
- the reduction in the value of the property
- costs and expenses with our consent.
The policy automatically covers subsequent owners of the property and mortgage lenders, and remains in force from the day you issue it without any time limit.