The Good Leasehold Title legal indemnity insurance policy provides cover when a residential and/or commercial property based within England and Wales is registered at the Land Registry with good leasehold title only or, if the property is not yet registered, it is anticipated that the title to the property will be registered as good leasehold only on first registration.
Click here to download our Demands & Needs statement
Full Key Facts can be viewed by clicking here.
Note: If the property is residential and an Absent Landlord policy is also being issued for the same property, the Good Leasehold policy may be issued at 50% of the under-noted premiums provided the residential Absent Landlord policy number is clearly written on the copy Good Leasehold policy sent to us. When using GCS Online, the discount will automatically be deducted for you.
Key Features and Benefits
If someone establishes, or attempts to establish that:
- your lease is invalid because your landlord did not have the right to grant it
- they have an adverse legal right over your property
- they have the right to enforce any restrictive covenant affecting the land and which has been breached arising from the fact that title is is good leasehold only,
the policy provides cover for the following, up to your selected limit of indemnity *:
- damages and compensation
- any sum paid with our consent to free the property from any adverse third party right, interest or covenant
- the reduction in the value of the property
- costs and expenses incurred with our consent.
The policy automatically covers subsequent owners of the property and mortgage lenders, and remains in force from the day you issue it without any time limit.