The Lost Title Deeds legal indemnity insurance policy provides cover when all or some of the title deeds to a residential and/or commercial property based within England and Wales have been lost.
Click here to download our Demands & Needs statement
Full Key Facts can be viewed by clicking here.
Key Features and Benefits
If someone establishes, or attempts to establish, that they
- own all or any part of the property, or
- have an adverse legal right over the property, or
- have the benefit of a restrictive covenant which has been breached
arising from the lost title deeds, the policy provides cover for the following, up to your selected limit of indemnity *:
- damages and compensation
- any sum paid with our consent to free the property from any adverse third party right or interest or covenant
- the reduction in the value of the property
- costs and expenses incurred with our consent.
The policy does not cover loss arising from the construction of the property or any alteration, addition, extension or change of use carried out less than 12 months before the date on which cover commenced, or any change of use after the commencement date.
The policy automatically covers subsequent owners of the property and mortgage lenders, and remains in force from the day you issue it without any time limit.