The Superior Lease legal indemnity insurance policy provides cover when a single residential property based within England and Wales is held by an underlease, and
- there is no firm evidence that rent is being paid under the superior lease
- the superior lease is missing
- a superior landlord is missing
- the landlord is missing and may not be paying rent
Click here to download our Demands & Needs statement
Full Key Facts can be viewed by clicking here.
Key Features and Benefits
If the landlord of any superior lease exercises, or attempts to exercise, a legal right to re-enter the property or to enforce any of the terms of the superior lease, the policy provides cover for the following, up to your selected limit of indemnity *:
- all sums expended with our consent in prosecuting or defending any action
- the amount of any costs, expenses, damages or compensation awarded against you by a court for relief against forfeiture or to obtain a vesting order or for a breach of the terms or conditions of the superior lease
- the reduction in the value of the your interest in the property, if the lease is terminated
- costs and expenses with our consent.
The policy does not cover loss arising from a breach of your underlease other than non-payment of rent where your landlord is missing.
The policy automatically covers subsequent underlessees of the property and mortgage lenders, and remains in force from the day you issue it without any time limit.