Absent Landlord (AL)
This policy is also known as: ‘Absent Freeholder’ or ‘Missing Landlord’
The Absent Landlord indemnity policy has been specifically designed for the situation where the landlord of a single private dwelling is missing, unresponsive or insolvent and you are unable to obtain clear ground rent receipts at the date of purchase. The landlord or its successor may subsequently reappear and make a claim against you.
For full terms, please see the Key Facts.
- Premiums from £45.00 incl. IPT
- ‘Instant’ cover for residential properties
- This policy will run in perpetuity
- Up to £3m limit of indemnity
- Comprehensive cover including automatic 5% inflation clause per annum for 10 years
- Electronic policies and key facts
- Monthly statement and numerous payment options
- LOI can be increased at any point using our top-up policy
- BACS and cheques accepted
If you require a Good Leasehold policy as well as Absent Landlord for the same property, we suggest taking a look at our combined policy as the total premium is reduced.