Building Regulations (BR)
This policy is also known as: ‘FENSA’ or ‘Lack of Building Regulations Approval’
The Building Regulations legal indemnity insurance policy provides cover when there is a lack of evidence that building regulation consent has been obtained for the following types of work carried out to a single residential and/or commercial property based within England and Wales:
- alterations, additions, extensions or loft or garage conversions, including the installation of windows and/or doors, if completed at least 3 months prior to the commencement of cover.
- construction of the property, conversion to flats or change of use of the property, if completed at least 4 years prior to the commencement of cover.
For full terms, please see the Policy.
- Premiums from £20.00 incl. IPT
- ‘Instant’ cover for residential and commercial properties
- This policy will run in perpetuity
- Up to £3m limit of indemnity
- Comprehensive cover including automatic 5% inflation clause per annum for 10 years
- Electronic policies
- Monthly statement and numerous payment options
- LOI can be increased at any point using our top-up policy
- BACS and cheques accepted
If you require a Planning Permission policy as well as Building Regulations for the same property, we suggest taking a look at our combined policy as the total premium is reduced.