Environmental Search – Failed (EF)
This policy is also known as: ‘Contaminated Land’
Environmental Search – Failed indemnity policy has been specifically designed for the situation where an environmental search against the property which you propose to purchase discloses a risk of contamination which cannot be dismissed without further enquiries. The policy can be used for single residential and/or commercial properties.
The Environmental Search must not disclose past heavy industrial use (e.g. petrol-filling or railway station, quarry or landfill site.)
Construction of the property and any alterations, additions, extensions or conversions to it must have been completed at least 12 months before commencement of cover and the property must have been occupied throughout the last 12 months.
For full terms, please see the Policy.
- Premiums from £90.00 incl. IPT
- ‘Instant’ cover for residential and commercial properties
- This policy will remain in force for 15 years from the date of commencement
- Up to £3m limit of indemnity
- Electronic policies
- Monthly statement and numerous payment options
- BACS and cheques accepted