Insolvency Act (IA)
This policy is also known as: ‘Deed of Gift’
The Insolvency Act indemnity policy has been specifically designed for the situation where a dwelling-house or flat has been given away or transferred at less than its true value, or where part of the purchase price, typically the deposit, has been provided by someone other than the buyer. If the person who made the “gift” becomes bankrupt it is possible for the “gift” to be set aside or overturned and for the trustee in bankruptcy to claim an interest in the property. The policy can also be used when the property has been acquired by a surviving joint tenant.
For full terms, please see the Policy.
- Premiums from £80.00 incl. IPT
- ‘Instant’ cover for residential properties
- This policy will run in perpetuity
- Up to £1m limit of indemnity
- Comprehensive cover including automatic 5% inflation clause per annum for 10 years
- Electronic policies
- Monthly statement and numerous payment options
- LOI can be increased at any point using our top-up policy
- BACS and cheques accepted