Insolvency Act (IA)
The Insolvency Act indemnity policy (also known as ‘Deed of Gift’) has been specifically designed for the situation where a dwelling-house or flat has been given away or transferred at less than its true value, or where part of the purchase price, typically the deposit, has been provided by someone other than the buyer. If the person who made the “gift” becomes bankrupt it is possible for the “gift” to be set aside or overturned and for the trustee in bankruptcy to claim an interest in the property. The policy can also be used when the property has been acquired by a surviving joint tenant.
For full terms, please see the Key Facts.
- Prices from £80.00 incl. IPT
- ‘Instant’ cover for residential and commercial properties
- This policy will run in perpetuity
- Up to £1m limit of indemnity
- Comprehensive cover including automatic 5% inflation clause per annum for 10 years
- Electronic policies and key facts
- Monthly statement and numerous payment options
- LOI can be increased at any point using our top-up policy
If your risk does not meet the issue criteria, please contact us for a Bespoke quote.