Lack of Crossover Agreement (Dropped Kerb) (CA)

This policy is also known as: ‘Dropped Kerb Cover’

The creation of a crossover to lower the kerb in front of a residential property to allow vehicular access from the dropped kerb over the public footpath to and from the property requires the consent of the planning authority/highway authority. It may be that the local/highway authority challenge the existence of the crossover and take action against the property owner by serving a notice under Section 184 of the Highways Act 1980 to prevent use of the crossover.

At the time of issue, payments of rent charge must be up to date

For full terms, please see the Policy.

  • Premiums from £80.00 Incl. IPT
  • “Instant” cover for residential properties
  • This policy will run in perpetuity
  • Up to £3m limit of indemnity
  • Comprehensive cover including automatic 5% inflation clause per annum for 10 years
  • Electronic policies
  • Monthly statement and numerous payment options
  • LOI can be increased at any point using our top-up policy
  • BACS and cheques accepted

If you are unable to find the cover you are looking for, or if you simply wish for us to provide cover directly from our office, please contact us for a ‘Bespoke or Direct’ quote.