Flat / Maisonette (MI)
This policy is also known as: ‘Defective Lease’
The Flat/Maisonette indemnity policy has been specifically designed for the situation where the seller of a single private flat or maisonette has confirmed that there have not been any problems with repairs and maintenance or the payment for them but you may be unable to enforce necessary repairs to other parts of the building or obtain appropriate maintenance contributions from others because the landlord cannot be traced, or the lease contains inadequate repairing provisions, including the lack of an obligation on the landlord to take over the maintenance and repairing responsibilities of a management company that fails to perform such obligations.
For full terms, please see the Key Facts.
- Premiums from £175.00 incl. IPT
- ‘Instant’ cover for residential properties
- Up to £3m limit of indemnity
- Comprehensive cover including automatic 5% inflation clause per annum for 10 years
- Electronic policies and key facts
- Monthly statement and numerous payment options
- LOI can be increased at any point using our top-up policy
- BACS and cheques accepted